I've read through a few of your classmates' speeches, and I'm guessing that many of you could use some hints about your Works Cited page. Use the OWL site linked at the right to find information about proper MLA formatting as well as the green MLA book you received earlier in the year.
For kicks, here's a sample page that should give you a good idea of what a proper MLA page looks like in terms of formatting (notice the spacing, title, lack of numbered entries, etc.).
Also, as you write, remember these hints:
- Use the three appeals effectively
- Remember your audience
- Choose the best word
- Edit for clarity and conciseness. One strong sentence is far better than two weak sentences.
- Read it out loud and time yourself--you only have 2 minutes!
- Use your rubric to help guide your attention.
See you tomorrow in class for our first dose of Modern literature! I'm excited to share it with you.
-Mrs. Kristoff